How do I find out my balance, or if I have any existing Bonus Bonds?
How can I change my address?
To change your address:
- Log on to MyBonusBonds and go to the 'My Details' screen.
- Download a Bondholder Information Update Form (PDF 42kb) and take it to any ANZ branch, or post it to Bonus Bonds Centre, PO Box 898, Dunedin 9054, New Zealand. (Please remember to include your bondholding number and previous address, and sign the form).
What types of bondholdings allow me to use MyBonusBonds?
MyBonusBonds bondholdings are as follows:
- Individual bondholdings you own
- Joint bondholdings you share with someone else
- Your children's bondholdings (if they are under 15 years of age and you are recorded as the parent or guardian of the child).
For bondholdings that require two or more signatures, including a bondholding for a child under 15 years of age where two parents are required to sign, you may access information such as balance and prizes won and purchase more Bonus Bonds using MyBonusBonds. However you will not be able to cash in any of these Bonus Bonds or change bondholding details like the prize payment method with MyBonusBonds.
If you have more than one bondholding, please advise us on the MyBonusBonds registration form. If you already use MyBonusBonds and wish to add another bondholding that you own or have operating authority on, you can visit an ANZ branch to link additional bondholdings or send us a Bondmail including the applicable bondholding number to request this.
Can I open a new joint bondholding using MyBonusBonds?No. This is because all parties to a joint bondholding need to agree to the operating authority arrangements (i.e. one or all to sign) at the time the bondholding is established, and to do so all parties need to visit an ANZ branch with appropriate identification. To save time, you might like to register your new joint bondholding at the same time as activating your MyBonusBonds.
Can I access joint bondholding information through MyBonusBonds?
For bondholdings that require two or more signatures, including a bondholding for a child under 15 years of age where two parents are required to sign, you may access information such as the balance and prizes won, and purchase more Bonus Bonds. However you will not be able to cash in or change bondholding details like the prize payment method.
If you want to change prize payment details, cash in or change personal details through MyBonusBonds, then each bondholder must have single signing authority and be able to make these decisions alone without the consent of the other bondholders. To organise single signing authority, every bondholder will need to go into an ANZ branch.
If your child's bondholding requires two signatures, both signatories will need to give permission (with both signatories signing) before changing prize payment details, personal details, or cashing. Both parents will need to go into a branch to have this set up. Alternatively you can arrange for single signing authority so that you can make these changes using MyBonusBonds.
How do I register my children's bondholding?
Provided you are recorded as their parent or guardian on their bondholding and have operating authority over their Bonus Bonds, just provide their bondholding numbers when you sign up for MyBonusBonds. If you've already registered, send us a Bondmail requesting us to link your children's bondholdings that you have operating authority over. Please provide their bondholding numbers.
Are there any costs for accessing MyBonusBonds?
No, MyBonusBonds is free to access. Your bank may charge a fee for direct debiting funds from your bank account to buy Bonus Bonds.
What if I forget my access number or password?
If you have forgotten your access number, call 0800 266 374 and correctly answer some questions specific to your bondholdings.
If you have forgotten your password, you can reset it by clicking on the 'Forgot password' link from the MyBonusBonds log on page to have it reset.
What if my computer crashes while I'm purchasing or cashing in Bonus Bonds?
All your transactions made before the crash should have gone through, but if you want to make sure, restart your computer, log on to MyBonusBonds and click on 'My current transactions'. The status of any transaction you made through MyBonusBonds will show up, for example 'pending', 'in progress' or 'completed'.
How do I change my bank account details in MyBonusBonds?
Download and complete a direct debit form and either:
- Mail it to us including proof of your bank account (an encoded deposit slip or bank statement dated within the last three months), or
- Take it to an ANZ branch - you will also need to bring your MyBonusBonds Access Number, appropriate identification proof of your bank account name and number (an encoded deposit slip or bank statement dated within the last three months).
Please send us a Bondmail if you wish to remove a bank account from MyBonusBonds.
Can I link more than one bank account to MyBonusBonds?
Yes, you can have multiple bank accounts to buy and cash in your Bonus Bonds. You will need to complete a direct debit form for each account and provide proof of the bank account details (an encoded deposit slip or bank statement dated within the last three months).
How long does it take to for online transactions completed through MyBonusBonds to appear?
Transaction processes are as follows:
- Purchases made before 7pm (NZT) on a business day will be processed and appear in your 'My current transactions' the following business day.
- Purchases made after 7pm (NZT) on a business day or on weekends or public holidays will be processed on the next business day and will appear in your 'My current transactions' the following business day.
- Purchases made before 7pm (NZT) will have an issue date of that day.
How will I know if my purchase or cash in has been processed?
When you next log on to MyBonusBonds, you'll receive a message to say that your request has been processed. You can also see the status of your transactions by clicking on 'My current transactions'.