Identification and supporting documents

The first time you buy Bonus Bonds (or when you want to cash in your Bonus Bonds in person) you need to take current address and identification items into an ANZ branch. The items that we can accept can be found here.

If you're a foreign tax resident:

If you are a tax resident of any country other than New Zealand, then you must also tell us which country and provide your Tax Identification Number (TIN) for that country.

If you're buying for someone under 15:

As well as the personal identification for yourself above you'll need to provide proof of your relationship to the person you're buying for, e.g. an original full birth certificate, testamentary guardianship order, or guardianship order.